With the closing of February 2017, I want to extend a very warm welcome to The Sensory Spectrum’s newest followers. I’m glad you’ve joined our sensory community. And I’m so grateful to my dedicated followers. I love reading your comments and emailing back and forth. Your feedback makes me want to find even more inspiring and insightful posts. We have such an amazing community here, and I’m thrilled that you’ve become a part of it.
Every month I like to do a recap of what happened on The Sensory Spectrum because we’re all busy and sometimes miss out on some great ideas and insights. I know I always appreciate it when my blogger friends do a recap so I can see if anything slipped under my radar.
February POSTS ON THE SENSORY SPECTRUM
- How Anxiety Leads to Disruptive Behavior
- Signs of SPD in Children – from Picky Eating to Temper Tantrums
- Dogs De-Stress Families with Autistic Children
- Calming Activities for Children with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- What is Wrong with W Sitting
- The Ins and Outs of Toddler Therapy
- Study Reveals How Moms View the Special-Needs World
- Does Money Buy Better Occupational Therapy?
SENSORY BOOK HIGHLIGHTS
- 1001 Great Ideas for Teaching and Raising Children with Autism or Asperger’s
- How to Encourage an Independent Child and Hands-On Environment
- Social Skills for Kids: The Top 100 Social Rules Kids Need to Succeed
- Rewiring the Brain Handbook: Handwriting for Emotional Control and Fine Motor Development
SENSORY PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- Therapy Net Swing (Vestibular Tool)
- Ball Pit Fun! (Proprioception)
- Snap Together Jewelry – B. Pop-Arty Beads (Fine Motor Toys)
- Skywalker Trampolines Round Zoo Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure (Gross Motor Toys)
- Chewy Tubes (Oral Sensory Tool)
New to The Sensory Spectrum? I’d love for you to join my community! If you like what you have found here, you can follow The Sensory Spectrum on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. And of course, I encourage you to sign up for The Sensory Spectrum Newsletter.