Keeping children bodies, minds and emotions on task just got easier with this book from self-regulation expert Teresa Garland.
Book: Self-Regulation Interventions and Strategies: Keeping the Body, Mind & Emotions on Task in Children with Autism, ADHD or Sensory Disorders
SILVER FINALIST IN THE PSYCHOLOGY CATEGORY AT THE 2015 IBPA BENJAMIN FRANKLIN AWARDS!
Featuring more than 200 practical and proven interventions, strategies and adaptation for helping children gain more control over their lives.
Each chapter provides rich background and theoretical material to help the reader better understand the issues our children face.
- Basic and advanced methods to calm a child and to preventing outbursts and melt-downs
- Interventions to help with attention problems, impulse control, distractibility and the ability to sit still
- Stories and video-modeling for autism, along with techniques to quell repetitive behaviors
- Sensory strategies for sensitivity and craving
- Behavioral and sensory approaches to picky eating
- Ways to increase organization skills using technology and apps
- Strategies for managing strong emotions as well as techniques for releasing them
To purchase this book, use the following affiliate link provided for your convenience:
Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, music and books for FREE!
About the Author
Teresa Garland, MOT, OTR/L, is an occupational therapist and author specializing in sensory and modulation issues. She has worked in schools, sensory clinics and medical settings with children and adults, treating sensory disorders, ADHD and autism.
Ms. Garland works closely with other health professionals, teachers and doctors to understand and treat underlying sensory, timing, and coordination/motor planning issues as well as overlying socio/emotional behaviors in the symptoms of autism. She is trained/certified in the SIPT, Interactive Metronome®, Integrated Listening Systems (iLs), Therapeutic Listening, Wilbarger’s Sensory Defensiveness, the Natural Heart Approach, Mindfulness Training, and Food Chaining.