Drawing on their extensive experience in developing and implementing effective treatment programs in homes, schools, and clinics, Nancy Kashman (OT) and Janet Mora (SLP) provide practical advice and workable strategies to help children and adults with sensory and communication disorders.
The Sensory Connection: An OT and SLP Team Approach – Sensory and Communication Strategies that WORK!
Combining aspects of occupational and speech-language therapies, Nancy and Janet demonstrate how an integrated team approach increases therapeutic effectiveness while maximizing the benefits of treatment resources.
This revised edition offers even more techniques that can enhance a person’s ability to attend, function, and learn. Detailed, illustrated appendices show and explain creative activities and include sample handouts.
Supported by numerous references and case studies, the authors tackle topics such as:
- Understanding Sensory Integration and Communication
- Sensory Processing Difficulties
- Sensory-Based Behaviors
- A Therapeutic Approach to Intervention
- The Benefits of Teaming
- Assessment of Communication Skills and Sensory Motor Skills
- Assessment of the Environment
- Environmental Strategies and Supports
- Treatment Strategies for Children
- Strategies for the Adult & Older Child
- Transitions & Informational Tools
- Oral & Feeding Interventions
- Developing Communication Skills
- Using Videos
- And more!
If you would like to purchase this book, please use the affiliate link provided for your convenience:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial to get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, books and music for FREE!
Childs Play Counseling Services says
I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger and Inspiring Awards