Classroom Strategies for Children with ADHD, Autism and Sensory Processing Disorders was written specifically for those working in the school setting.
This post contains affiliate links.
Classroom Strategies for Children with ADHD, Autism & Sensory Processing Disorders: Solutions for Behavior, Attention and Emotional Regulation
This book’s unique design to serve as a comprehensive source for information as well as solutions.
• Classroom strategies that are simple and easily implemented
• Flow charts and case studies guide problem solving
• Classroom seating examples
• Sample letters from parents to teachers
• Behavior and sensory questions answered
• A resource guide for products and tools
To purchase, click the image/link below!
Printable Classroom Support Resources
- Calming Strategies for the Classroom
- Classroom Behavior Management Guide
- Sensory Break Cards for the Classroom
- Classroom Behavior Management Incentive Puzzles
- Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day
- Create a Calm Classroom
- Sensory Tools for the Classroom – Handouts, Forms and Data Collection
- Sensory-Friendly Classroom Starter Kit
- Teacher’s Handbook to Sensory Processing in the Classroom
- Yoga in the Classroom
For more reading about sensory solutions in the classroom:
Behavior Solutions for the Inclusive Classroom: A Handy Reference Guide That Explains Behaviors Associated with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and Other Special NeedsGryphon House Wired Differently: A Teacher’s Guide to Understanding Sensory Processing ChallengesBuilding Sensory Friendly Classrooms to Support Children with Challenging Behaviors: Implementing Data Driven Strategies!Answers to Questions Teachers Ask about Sensory Integration: Forms, Checklists, and Practical Tools for Teachers and Parents
About the Authors:
Karen Lea Hyche, OTD, OTR/L, is an Occupational Therapist specializing in sensory and modulation disorders. She has worked in Early Intervention, public schools, pediatric clinics, as well as psychiatric settings with children birth to 18. Karen has served as an adjunct instructor at Wallace State Community College where she teaches development across the lifespan and treatment planning and serves as a fieldwork instructor. Karen is certified through Western Psychological Services for instruction and administration of the Sensory Integration Praxis Test. She is an ILS service provider.
Vickie Maertz, OTD, OTR, has specialized in pediatrics for more than 15 years, and owns two private pediatric occupational therapy clinics in Texas. Her clinical experience includes early intervention, pediatric outpatient services, pediatric home health, and public/private school system.