It could happen at the grocery store. At a restaurant. At school. At home. Meltdowns are stressful for both child and adult, but Dr. Baker can help!
This post contains affiliate links.
No More Meltdowns: Positive Strategies for Managing and Preventing Out-Of-Control Behavior by Jed Baker PH.D.
Author of the award-winning Social Skills Picture Book series, Dr. Jed Baker offers parents and teachers strategies for preventing and managing meltdowns.
His 20+ years of experience working with children on the autism spectrum, combined with his personal experiences raising his own children, have yielded time-tested strategies, and results!
Dr. Baker offers an easy-to-follow, 4-step model that will improve your everyday relationships with the children in your life:
- Managing your own emotions by adjusting your expectations
- Learning strategies to calm a meltdown in the moment
- Understanding why a meltdown occurs
- Creating plans to prevent future meltdowns
More Recommended Reading
- Overcoming Sensory Meltdowns
- Stop Sensory Meltdowns in Their Tracks
- How to Parent Your Anxious Toddler
- Give Your Child the Tools to Manage Their Own Meltdowns
- How to Stay Calm During a Toddler Meltdown
- My One Secret Trick for Moms During a Sensory Meltdown
More Behavior Management Strategies
- Classroom Behavior Management Guide
- Classroom Behavior Management Incentive Puzzles
- Helpful Behaviors Visual Cue Cards and Posters