Wow. People reacted so strongly and positively to my recent children’s literature post Llama Llama Holiday Drama, I will continue to make kid lit recommendations that address social and emotional roadblocks, challenges and difficulties our sensory kids face. Personally, I have found reading picture books with my children an incredible way to help frame an issue they may be dealing with and opening up a dialogue about how to handle it.
That said, here’s this week’s recommended kid lit reading:
This post contains affiliate links.
Book: Scaredy Squirrel Prepares for Christmas: A Safety Guide for Scaredies
Anyone who is familiar with the Scaredy Squirrel series knows that our friendly squirrel must overcome a host of fears before he discovers the joy that’s to be had. Within each book, Scaredy Squirrel lists what he needs for his survival kit and what to avoid at all costs. This particular book is made up of a ton of lists, all pointing out the ridiculous as well as plausible things a child could be scared of, worried about or just plain freaked out over.
With her usual charm and sweet humor, Author Melanie Watt delivers a book that is fun to browse through and giggle with.
Amazon Description: ‘Tis the season for worrying, planning, decorating, wrapping, entertaining, carolling and, worst of all, fruitcake! Scaredy Squirrel returns with a quirky safety guide filled with practical tips and nutty step-by-step instructions to help readers prepare for a perfect Christmas. A fun-filled guide sure to appeal to all the Scaredies out there!
To purchase, click the image/link below!
- Christmas Sensory Gifts For Children of All Ages
- Ultimate Sensory Christmas Gifts Guide For Kids
- 10 Christmas Sensory Bins
Christmas OT Resources
- December OT Activities – Fine Motor, Gross Motor and Visual Motor Packet
- Christmas Sensory Processing Activity
- December Brain Breaks
- Christmas Tree Themed Emotions Pack
- Christmas I Spy Bundle
- Christmas Yoga Cards
- Bold Lines Modified Christmas Paper Packet
- Christmas Fine Motor Game
- Christmas Poses – Postural and Strengthening Exercises
- Holiday Prewriting Activity Pages
- Santa Says Interactive Game