The Sensory Lifestyle Handbook: How to Create Meaningful and Motivating Sensory Enrichment for Sensory-Filled Days
The Sensory Lifestyle Handbook
- A 133 page resource guide of sensory tools
- Written by an Occupational Therapist
- Perfect for therapists who create sensory diets or work with individuals with sensory needs
- A strategy guide for parents and teachers to be used alongside therapists in development of sensory diets
A Resource for those living with, teaching, or working with children with sensory needs
For the child with sensory processing needs, everything about life can be distressing! Sensory processing challenges can impact a child’s every interaction and environment. Sensory challenges affect behavior, self-regulation, attention, development, learning, social skills, emotional development, and independence. The child who struggles with sensory processing may be challenged daily with rigorous interactions. For these children, sensory input or sensory-based accommodations can make all the difference.
A Sensory Diet Strategy Guide
The Sensory Lifestyle Handbook is a strategy guide for sensory processing needs. With valuable insight to the sensory system and the whole child, the book details how sensory diets can be incorporated into a lifestyle of sensory success. The thoughtful tools in this book provide intervention strategies to support and challenge the sensory systems through meaningful and authentic sensory diet tactics based on the environment, interests, and sensory needs of each individual child.
Tips, Tools, & Tactics for Sensory Success
The tips and tools in this book enable motivating and intriguing sensory input so that sensory diet strategies are carried over successfully, through child-led interests and daily life interactions. Readers will find tools for creating sensory diet strategies and tactics for ensuring carryover within a child’s day.
The data collection sheets, screening forms, checklists, and schedulers in this book provide a blueprint for weaving sensory diet strategies into sensory-filled days.
The book contains the following sensory tools: +Sensory-Related Behavior Data Collection forms +Sensory-Based Behavior Screening forms +Sensory Diet Strategy Guide +Sensory Diet Scheduler +Sensory Diet Effectiveness Tool +Daily Sensory Diet Sheet +Special Interest Themed Checklist
The Sensory Lifestyle Handbook is a resource needed by any occupational therapist, teacher, parent, or individual who strives to create a lifestyle of sensory enrichment.
This book is available print and digital editions. Please purchase through one of the following affiliate links:
To purchase a digital copy (non UK/Europe): BUY DIGITAL COPY
To purchase a print copy: BUY PRINT COPY
Extra Sensory Ideas!
- Sensory Play for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Easy Projects to Develop Fine Motor Skills, Hand-Eye Coordination, and Early Measurement Concepts
- The Ultimate Sensory Play Recipe Book: Learning Through Play
- Exciting Sensory Bins for Curious Kids: 60 Easy Creative Play Projects That Boost Brain Development, Calm Anxiety and Build Fine Motor Skills
- Play to Progress: Lead Your Child to Success Using the Power of Sensory Play
- Sensory Adventures: A Guide to Increasing Literacy Through Sensory Play
- Playful Wonders: 50 Fun-Filled Sensory Play Activities
- The Book of Nature Connection: 70 Sensory Activities for All Ages
- 52 Weeks of Sensory Play