For children with sensory difficulties-those who struggle to process everyday sensations and exhibit unusual behaviors such as avoiding or seeking out touch, movement, sounds, and sights-this groundbreaking book is an invaluable resource.
Raising a Sensory Smart Child: The Definitive Handbook for Helping Your Child with Sensory Processing Issues
by Lindsey Biel, Nancy Peske
***WINNER of the NAPPA GOLD AWARD and iPARENTING MEDIA AWARD***
Sensory integration dysfunction, also known as sensory processing disorder, affects all kinds of children-from those with developmental delays, attention problems, or autism spectrum disorders, to those without any other issues.
Coauthored by a pediatric occupational therapist and a parent of a child with sensory issues, this updated and expanded edition of Raising a Sensory Smart Child is comprehensive and more helpful than ever.
- How the senses actually work and integrate with each other
- How and where to get the very best professional help
- “Sensory diet” activities that meet your child’s needs–including new tips and ideas for kids, teens, adults, and families
- Practical solutions for daily challenges-from brushing teeth to getting dressed to picky eating to family gatherings
- Using “sensory smarts” to help children with developmental delays, learning, and attention problems
- The special challenges of helping children with autism and sensory issues
- Ways to advocate for your child at school and make schools “sensory smart”
- How to empower your child and teen in the world
- Complementary therapies, resources, and helpful web sites
If you would like to purchase this book, please use the affiliate link provided for your convenience:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime or $35+ order. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial HERE. Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, music and books for FREE!
Don't Be Shy. Leave a Reply