Finally, here’s a commuter-friendly way to help teachers and other school professionals reach these kids and help them succeed in the classroom.
This post contains affiliate links.
A Teacher’s Guide to Sensory Processing Disorder
by Carol Kranowitz and Stacey Szklut
Research shows that 20% of all school-age children in the U.S. have problems with sensory integration. However, teachers are given little or no training in how to work with these high needs kids.
Carol Stock Kranowitz, author of the best selling booksThe Out of Sync Child and The Goodenoughs Get in Sync, interviews expert occupational therapist Stacey Szklut about how to teach children with sensory integration problems.
This audio CD set includes narration by public health physician Dr. David Silver.
An audio companion to the book Answers to Questions Teachers Ask about Sensory Integration, Carol Kranowitz interviews expert occupational therapist Stacey Szklut and they discuss how to teach children with sensory integration problems.
It is like eavesdropping on two experts sharing sensory secrets!
Finally, here is help for teachers and other school professionals who are trying to reach kids with sensory problems and help them succeed in the classroom, and in life.
Discussion topics include:
- Understanding why challenges in sensory integration affect learning
- Learning how to become a good detective of SI dysfunction in the classroom
- Gaining insight into how sensory integration dysfunction can look like ADD, ADHD or learning disabilities
- Learning methods for creating effective collaborations between home and school
- Materials appropriate for preschool through high school teachers and school professionals
To purchase, click the image/link below!
- Sensory Integration: A Guide for Preschool Teachers
- Getting Ready for School with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Fun Sensory Activities for the Home and Classroom
- Sensory Solutions in the Classroom for the Kid Who Cannot Sit Still
Printable Classroom Support Resources
- Calming Strategies for the Classroom
- Classroom Behavior Management Guide
- Sensory Break Cards for the Classroom
- Classroom Behavior Management Incentive Puzzles
- Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day
- Create a Calm Classroom
- Sensory Tools for the Classroom – Handouts, Forms and Data Collection
- Sensory-Friendly Classroom Starter Kit
- Teacher’s Handbook to Sensory Processing in the Classroom
- Yoga in the Classroom
For more reading about sensory solutions in the classroom:
Behavior Solutions for the Inclusive Classroom: A Handy Reference Guide That Explains Behaviors Associated with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and Other Special NeedsGryphon House Wired Differently: A Teacher’s Guide to Understanding Sensory Processing ChallengesBuilding Sensory Friendly Classrooms to Support Children with Challenging Behaviors: Implementing Data Driven Strategies!Answers to Questions Teachers Ask about Sensory Integration: Forms, Checklists, and Practical Tools for Teachers and Parents